Advanced Authentication CAC/PIV
Federal agencies - both civilian and military (DoD) - require enhanced user authentication, data security, and information assurance to help comply with the requirements of the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12). Employees must verify their identity and security classifications using secure and reliable forms of identification, such as Common Access Card (CAC) and Personal Identity Verification (PIV). And with networked multifunction printers (MFPs) being deployed on a greater scale in these locations, Canon developed Advanced Authentication CAC/PIV - an easy-to-use embedded, two-factor authentication solution to lock and unlock Canon devices. This serverless solution ensures that all device functions are locked down until users insert their government-issued Common Access Card/Personal Identity Verification into the card reader and enter their PIN. Only those authenticated individuals are granted access to the device.
- Civilian and military (DoD) employees will find that the Advanced Authentication CAC/PIV (AA CAC/PIV) is an embedded serverless solution
- Federal employees will walk up to the device, insert their Common Access Card (CAC) or Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card into the card reader, input their pin and have access to device
- AA CAC/PIV is an embedded solution that installs directly on the device
- The DAM plug in can be remotely installed, updated, and the MEAP applications can be uninstalled on all network connected devices
- AA CAC/PIV also easily integrates with Authorized Send CAC/PIV